5. To think more creatively.In life there is rarely one clear and easy solution, the same is true of improv. Being able to think on your feet, approach tasks from different perspectives and think ‘outside of the box’ will open up your mind and allow more creative flow.
4. To be more confident. Improv teaches you how to be comfortable even when you how no idea what might happen next. One of the biggest aspects of improv is learning to trust your gut. You will learn to trust recognize and trust your gut reactions. They are good reactions!
3. To be the best teammate in any situation. Improv is based on collaboration. One person dancing on a hill is mildly entertaining, by 2 or 3 or more… now that’s a movement (check out this TEDtalk). Improv shows you how to support each other to create something bigger than one person could do alone.
2. To relieve and better deal with stress. Simply put, improv is therapeutic. You are asked to put aside your filters and be honest. You explore and discover characters and worlds that are not your own, but you can learn about yourself in the process.
1. Because it’s Fun!You’ll laugh. A lot. You are given permission to let go of “perfection”. You get to make mistakes, get messy and have fun! Often our cheeks hurt from the fun. And that’s how it’s meant to work.
Blacktop Comedy offers improv courses for Adults, Teens, and Kids.
With a new course starting each month right now is a great time to sign up for a class.
Email: info@blacktopcomedy or call 916-749-3100
Visit out schedule here for detail